Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Soul of a New Machine by Tracy Kidder


The nonfiction book I selected for the third marking period is The Soul of a New Machine by Tracy Kidder. Technology is rampant in today's society, and this book takes us through the experiences of a computer engineering team racing to design a next-generation computer at a fast pace under great pressure.

I chose to read this book because it stood out as something very interesting. It is interesting to learn about the roots, the history, and the significant events that eventually built up to current technology. By reading this book, I am hoping to not only learn about where my iPhone and computer came from, but also incorporate some of the anecdotes described in the book into my work in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment