Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Dreams From My Father by Barack Obama

Barack Obama, the current president of the United States, wrote a book called Dreams From My Father. He published his book in July 1995 as he was preparing his political career in a campaign for an Illinois office. This book entails details of significant events in Obama's life (growing up, losing family, etc) up until he entered law school, and this quality of his book qualifies it as a memoir.

I chose to read this book because I have not yet read a memoir as an IRB. Additionally, it seems like a very interesting book since it does talk about the past of the first African-American president in the U.S. I have read and watched a little bit about Obama, but by reading Dreams From My Father, I intend to fill in the gaps and just enjoy learning about our president. 

No comments:

Post a Comment