Saturday, November 16, 2013

Everything Bad is Good for You by Steven Johnston


The nonfiction book that I selected to read for the second marking period is Everything Bad is Good for You by Steven Johnston. Contrary to what media and science say about current culture, this book assert the idea that the pop culture we are exposed to actually makes our minds sharper. Video games, TV, computers, and everything we thought was bad is, in reality, beneficial to us.

I chose to read this book because I have an interest in psychology, and this book seems very intriguing, considering the fact that Steven Johnston debunks popular belief, which not many people are always willing to do. By reading this book, I am hoping to collect information that will appease my curiosity as well as to obtain writing strategies I can later use in my own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment